Sunday, August 19, 2007

Getting a Nod




Wonderful news, one of my paintings was given an Honorable Mention in the Orange Open Annual Art Show! Each year the Orange Art Association puts on the event. Over 370 artists submitted work to be in the show. Judge Jack King narrowed the number of pieces hung in the show to just over 200. I was honored to not only have one of my paintings noticed but to also have another that made it into the gallery.

Many talented local artists were represented. I am proud to have my work hanging next to so many beautiful pieces of art.

To see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

2 comments:

The Mommy and Me Boutique said...

I just scrolled down to see all your paintings - I really love your work and congrats. on the Orange County event. Actually, nothing has really happened with Etsy bloggers - they have challenges you get involved with and they have a blog. But I have over 1500 hits on my blog and I have only had it for maybe 3 or 4 months. I don't know where the viewing is coming from and I have received several sales that I don't know whee they are coming from. Hope this helps. Keep painting, your work is beautiful!

The Mommy and Me Boutique said...

Hi again, another group you might consider joining - is it fairly new - indipublic - again it is good for exposure.