Monday, August 20, 2007

My First ACEO




”TWO HOUR PARKING” by Kim VanDerHoek

2.5 x 3.5 inch original oil painting on canvas paper mounted on acid free cardstock.
S O L D

This is a new experiment. Every time I go out painting I plan on creating an ACEO. Small paintings seem to really work for me. They force me to keep my detail and brush work simple.

ACEO stands for Art Card Editions and Originals. They are cards of artwork measuring 2.5 x 3.5 inches, the same as a standard playing card. These cards are very collectable since they don’t take up much space.

This scene shows how busy downtown Orange is on a Saturday morning. Not one parking space is empty. All around me I could hear the hustle and bustle of the city. It was a very exciting place to paint!

To purchase this ACEO and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

2 comments:

Cathy said...

great aceo - it always amazes me how artists can squeeze such detail into a tiny space!
(scrap4u)

VanDerHoekArt said...

Thank you Cathy! It's nice to get such positive feedback. I have several more to post still but they are still too wet to photograph.