Monday, August 27, 2007

A New Palette




”FIRST CLIFF” by Kim VanDerHoek.

S O L D

I’ve been experimenting with unusual colors lately as a way to spice things up. It’s easy to fall into the trap of painting what is familiar using the same successful methods. After painting this cliff in Laguna Beach, California several times before, it was time for a new approach and this was my first attempt. My second painting of this cliff went very quickly since all the paint was already mixed (I’ll post that one soon.)

Many people passing by stopped to see what I was doing. Some even whispered to each other, “What is she thinking?” One young boy said loudly, “Is that supposed to be the beach? I don’t see that anywhere around here!” His mother hushed him and quickly led him away. I laughed and secretly applauded him for his honesty. You always know where you stand with kids!

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

1 comment:

The Mommy and Me Boutique said...

Your work is lovely. It is nice that you are getting back to your painting. I wish you much success!