Saturday, August 25, 2007

Second Place Award!




"Orange Cliffs of Del Mar" by Kim VanDerHoek

5X7 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.
A photographic quality print of this painting is available for sale in my Etsy shop for $13.

Two of my paintings received ribbons in the Anaheim Art Association's Annual Art Exhibit. This one received second place in the oil painting category and the other got an honorable mention! If you look at my previous posts, you'll notice that this painting also got an honorable mention in the Orange Art Association Show.

I am absolutely floored! This is the first year I’ve ever entered any competitions and am thrilled to be getting noticed. It’s always so difficult choosing what I feel is my best work to put into a competition but I am starting to realize that the saying, “go with your instinct” rings true in this case.

There are hundreds of talented artists who enter these shows every year. It’s an honor to have my work hanging next to theirs!

To purchase a print of this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

No comments: