Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Up Early




”GREEN UMBRELLA” by Kim VanDerHoek

2.5 x 3.5 inch ACEO/ATC original oil painting on canvas paper mounted on acid free cardstock.
S O L D

This is a new experiment. If I have some extra time when I go out painting I have been creating these ACEOs. Most of the ACEOs I’ve seen are very detailed, but my overall style is much looser. I love how abstract these little paintings are. A few brush strokes of the right color is all it takes.

ACEO stands for Art Card Editions and Originals. They are cards of artwork measuring 2.5 x 3.5 inches, the same as a standard playing card. These cards are very collectable since they don’t take up much space.

Saturday morning is more relaxed in front of Starbucks than most other days of the week. Still, I am amazed at how many people are up and out the door at 8:00 a.m.! How on earth do they do it?

To see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

No comments: