Sunday, September 9, 2007

ACEO Play




”TWINS” by Kim VanDerHoek

2.5 x 3.5 inch ACEO/ATC original oil painting on canvas paper mounted on acid free cardstock.
S O L D

It's easy to get lost in the work of painting. Doing what you know will work, sticking with the same methods and colors. These ACEOs let me play around with new things without feeling a great deal of loss in time and materials. Mostly, they give me permission to totally fail. Often, it's the ones that turn out badly that I learn the most from.

Many of them have been successful though and taken my work in a direction I wouldn't normally try. This is one I thought was successful. I hope you enjoy it!

ACEO stands for Art Card Editions and Originals. They are cards of artwork measuring 2.5 x 3.5 inches, the same as a standard playing card. These cards are very collectable since they don’t take up much space.

To purchase this ACEO and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

No comments: