Saturday, September 1, 2007

Ahhh Laguna




”SWAYING PALMS” by Kim VanDerHoek.

5X7 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.
$55 (shipping within the U.S. $11 - Canada $20)

Today it’s over 100 degrees and I really wish I lived in Laguna Beach! But then, any day is a good day to live in Laguna Beach regardless of the temperature. This painting is a view from Heisler Park looking north. I love painting palm trees, they look so complex but when you break them down into shapes they almost paint themselves.

Honestly, I can feel the tropical breeze coming off the water! Hear the waves crashing?

This was one of those paintings that just sort of fell out of me. Near completion I stood back and thought wow, did I just do that? I hope you enjoy it!

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

4 comments:

TheresaJ said...

Wow, gorgeous paintings!!!

I found a link to your blog in the Etsy forum under Etsian Blogs!... and I will add a link to your blog in mine and be back for more reading and viewing! :)

TheresaJ said...

Well, thanks for stopping by. I guess Etsy, with it's 70,000 members or so, worldwide, is still a small world.

BTW, your paintings are beautiful!

TheresaJ said...

You know, I'm not sure either. If I reply from my page, it stays on my page and you'd have to check back there to get the reply. So, like you, I'm replying right on your blog, but don't know if this is the proper protocol. If you find out, let me know, and I'll do likewise.

Anyway, nice getting acquainted! And thank you for the nice cmopliment.

wanda knight said...

Thank you for commenting on my "Looking Out" painting. I had to check out your site and I was so impressed. YOu are doing some fine work. I admire all the plein air painters. I have never been to the West Coast but hope to one day.
Check out Tom Brown's blog. I think you will like his work.