Sunday, September 30, 2007

Artist Painting Artist




”PAINTING” by Kim VanDerHoek.

2.5 x 3.5 inch ACEO/ATC original oil painting on canvas paper mounted on acid free cardstock.
$8 (shipping within the U.S. $3)

This ACEO was done using a palette knife (a large metal knife used for mixing paint) instead of a brush. I’ve always admired painters who have mastered this technique so I thought I would give it a try. A fellow painter was kind enough to hold still for a bit while I created this.

ACEO stands for Art Card Editions and Originals. They are cards of artwork measuring 2.5 x 3.5 inches, the same as a standard playing card. These cards are very collectable since they don’t take up much space.

Feel free to email me about this ACEO at KimVanDer77@aol.com

To purchase this ACEO and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

No comments: