Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Flattery Will Get You Everywhere!






”UP THE PATH” by Kim VanDerHoek.

5X7 inch Oil Painting on canvas board includes gold leaf frame.
$100 (Shipping $25 within the U.S. or $50 for Canada)

Last night this little painting won a first place ribbon for best oil painting at the Orange Art Associations monthly meeting!

The Art Association meets 9 times a year. During each meeting there is a guest speaker, usually an artist, who either gives a lecture or demonstrates how they work. This month Terry Stanley showed all of us how she creates her amazing portraits in watercolor.

Also at each meeting members are allowed to enter 2 pieces of artwork into a group competition. Each creation is put into a category such as oil, watercolor, photography, etc. and judged. The guest speaker for the month has the honor of judging.

I’m not always able to make to every meeting, but when I do go I get so much information from the other artists there! It is such a wonderful organization to be a member of. If you are in Orange County and would like to see for yourself log onto http://www.orangeartassociation.com/index.html

To see more of Terry Stanley’s amazing work http://www.terrystanleyart.com/

To purchase this painting please let me know in the comments area and I will contact you. To see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

1 comment:

Tom Brown said...

Hi Kim. Thanks for the comments about my new solo show. I look forward to seeing you there tonight. By the way I absolutely LOVE the brushwork in this painting on your blog. Well done!

Tom Brown
http://tombrownfineart.blogspot.com/