Friday, September 14, 2007

A Must See Show!



This painting is by Tom Brown.

People often ask me how long I’ve been painting. The truth is, not that long. For the last year and a half I’ve been taking classes from an amazing artist named Tom Brown.

When I first saw Tom’s work listed for sale on Ebay I was in awe. Soon after, I purchased one of his paintings and I asked him about his workshops. I’ve been painting with him ever since. His classes are perfect for beginners as well as more advance students. He has simplified the process to make painting a landscape less intimidating. His feedback has always improved my paintings, even when the only thing he tells me I should do is to stop.

Tonight I went to the opening of his gallery show titled “Unexpected Vistas of Irvine” at the Irvine Fine Arts Center. The show was spectacular! Included in the show were cityscapes as well as landscapes, many of which were on a large scale. He said his intent was to demonstrate that the views with man’s touch on them could be just as beautiful as the pristine landscapes. Mission accomplished!

If you are in the area, I highly recommend you stop by to see his work! Admission and parking are free. Irvine Fine Arts Center, 14321 Yale Avenue, Irvine California 92604.

To see more of Tom’s work log onto http://tombrownfineart.blogspot.com/

No comments: