Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Personal Favorite




”SPRING IN PETER’S CANYON” by Kim VanDerHoek.

9X12 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.
Not For Sale

This is one of my favorite paintings. Everything went right the day I captured this on canvas. Peter’s Canyon is such a wonderful place to paint! Everywhere you turn there is a painting waiting to happen. This is another location that is right on the edge of the city. I am amazed at how many open spaces still remain in Orange County, although, that is rapidly changing.

This painting was juried into the Orange County Fair, the Orange Open Annual Art Show (where I thought it had been sold but that ended up being a typo) and received an Honorable Mention in the Anaheim Art Association’s Annual Art Show. My husband and I are very fond of it so, until I paint something even better we will be hanging onto it.

To purchase a print of this painting and to see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com