Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Scenic Irvine




”JEFFREY BEFORE PHASE 1” by Kim VanDerHoek.

9X12 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.
Submitted for competition.

This is my husband’s new favorite painting of mine. When I brought it home he immediately said I should frame it and enter it into any upcoming competitions I could find.

The scene is overlooking Irvine. The street is called Jeffrey and the fields used to be planted with flowers that were then taken to market. Today that field is empty and a construction fence surrounds it. It will be interesting to see what takes its place. I’m hoping for something beautiful that will inspire another painting. What I love in this scene were the telephone poles jutting this way and that, they have such personality!

I hope you enjoy it!

To see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

No comments: