Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Year Ago



”BLUFF WITH PALMS” by Kim VanDerHoek.

9X12 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.
$85 (Shipping $11 within the U.S. or $20 for Canada)

Saturday I went to another art show featuring work done on the peninsula in Newport Beach. It was a paint-out competition put together by the Southern California Plein Air Painters Association.

What happens during a paint out is participating artists can get the backs of their canvases stamped at the start of the event. Then they paint on them in a certain area over the course of a week. In this case it was the Newport peninsula. At the end of the week the work is judged, awards are given out and an art show is put on featuring the work from the paint out.

I saw some amazing artwork created by some amazing local artists!

The painting I’ve posted tonight reminded me of a wonderful day a year ago when I was painting at the beach.

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

No comments: