Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Second Place Award!



"Natural Arch" by Kim VanDerHoek
8X10 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.

A photographic quality print of this painting is available for sale in my Etsy shop for $13.

This painting received a second place ribbon in the oil painting category during the Orange Art Associations competition! The judge for the evening was the very talented William Wray. His urban landscapes are incredibly evocative and hauntingly beautiful.

Painted near Hart Park in Orange, the archway created by the trees made for an interesting composition. Near the end of this painting the clouds moved in and to add that last bit of drama.

To purchase a print of this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

2 comments:

william wray said...

Ahh, so now I can put a face to the painting, or should I say paintings? I liked your brushwork, I was going to give you two awards, but thought I'd be "nice" and spread out the wealth.

TheresaJ said...

Congratulations!!! Well deserved!