Saturday, November 10, 2007

Symphony of Color



”QUARTET” by Kim VanDerHoek.

9 X 12 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.
$85 (Shipping $20 within the U.S., $28 for Canada or $35 for everywhere else)

Painted along a walking path in Old Town Orange, I had to pick up my easel and dash under a tree to finish this one because it started to rain on me. Luckily, it wasn’t professional rain! It just sprinkled for a few minutes then stopped.

I use water-based oil paint by Artisan, which has proven problematic on drizzly mornings. The benefits far outweigh the drawbacks with this type of paint however. I love that I don’t have to thin the paint with turpentine or any other flammable solvent.

Feel free to email me with any questions about this painting at kimvander77@aol.com

To purchase a print of this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

No comments: