Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Natural Arch



”NATRUAL ARCH” by Kim VanDerHoek.

8 X 10 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.
A $13.00 print of this painting is available in my Etsy shop.

I realized today that after winning a second place award from the Orange Art Association for this painting that I never posted a close up of it.

As a painter there are certain paintings that you remember as milestones in your artistic development. This is one of mine. The day I set out to paint this I was questioning the progression of my style. I felt I had done pretty well that day and was rewarded with an immediate sale to the first person that viewed it. What a wonderful boost to my confidence!

Do you like it? Let me know what you think, I’d love to hear your comments!

To a print of this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

1 comment:

TheresaJ said...

Hi Kim... it's been awhile so thought I'd stop by to see what you've been up to... and I see you've been quite busy. Upon looking back, this painting caught my eye, and then I saw that it had no comments, so I thought it was the perfect place to post. Not that I don't love all of your paintings, and I love the littel ACEO, but I just thought this one needed the attention it deserves! :)

Hope your holidays were merry and lets hope we all have a joy filled and prosperous 2008.

- Theresa

PS: I always enjoy your visits! :)