Friday, January 18, 2008

Secret Stream



”SECRET STREAM” by Kim VanDerHoek.

8 X 10 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.
$65 (Shipping $11 within the U.S., $20 for Canada or $28 for everywhere else)

This stream is home to a large group of ducks. Immediately after I arrived they waddled over to see if any of my painting gear was edible. Had I known they would be there I would have brought bread. Next time! And maybe I’ll include them in a future painting.

What do you think? I’d love to hear your comments!

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

3 comments:

My Semblance of Sanity said...

I bet you make a pretty penny with all your gorgeous work!
GOOD FOR YOU!
I love this piece.

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Hi Kim I found you. Nice work. Ducks are a hazard to the field and bread is sometimes an even bigger problem. Enjoyed painting and talking with you today.

TheresaJ said...

Hi Kim... finally getting back to you... happy new year to you as well. Yeah, I was born and rasied in San Francisco, and now live in Brisbane, just 10 minutes from the house I grew up in in SF. It's a great location, just off of 101 with easy access to SF or the Peninsula. Anyway, if you're ever up in this area for an art show or something, definitely let me know.

I love this Secret Stream painting, and I really love Snow Shadows as well. Those are my two favorites for this page, although I really do love all of your work. Looks like you've been very busy. I've been taking a break and enjoying it, but just starting to feel my work table call. I've been pretty lazy where my blog is concerned as well, but at least I'm leaving comments and touching base tonight. :)

I'd love to see your rendition of ducks. Just make sure you don't decide to paint them in the spring when they're guarding nests as they can get a little nasty at that point. And once you feed them, they will become relentless beggars and you may have a hard time concentrating on painting. Should be a fun adventure though.

Anyway, always a pleasure to hear from you. Keep up the amazing work!

- Theresa