Thursday, February 28, 2008

Colossus



”COLOSSUS” by Kim VanDerHoek.

12 X 16 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.
S O L D

After many weeks indoors with tissues, I have finally been out painting! My soul has really missed being outside, looking at an amazing view and doing my best to translate it onto canvas.

This time I thought I would work larger. Painting on location (en Plein Air) has many challenges and often painters choose to paint smaller canvases because time is an issue. It takes much less time to paint a 5 X 7 versus a 12 X 16. I am pleased with how this one turned out and I hope you like it!

Be sure to enter my contest to win a FREE print of one of my paintings! Today is the last day to enter. Be sure to check out the rules in the previous post.

To see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

1 comment:

TheresaJ said...

Hi Kim.

Love your new painting!!! Glad you entered my contest. Good luck!

Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I added one of your items to my latest treasury. Take a peak.

http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=31729

Talk to you later!
- Theresa