Monday, February 25, 2008

Thanks Tom Brown!



Earlier this week I entered a contest to win a free oil painting created by the very talented Tom Brown and I won! Pictures above the the beautiful painting that will soon be framed and hanging on my wall.

If you haven't seen Tom's artwork you don't know what your missing! His work is dynamic with lots of bold color and brushwork. Not only is he an extremely talented artist but he is an amazing teacher as well. He's inspired me to have my own contest and here are the rules;

The rules are simple;
1. Visit my Etsy.com shop and count how many ORIGINAL oil paintings have water as part of the scene.
2. Email me by Thurs. Feb. 28th the answer with your name, shipping address and email address (so that I can notify you if you've won).

KimVanDer77@aol.com or K10649@hotmail.com

My husband will pick a name from a hat on Friday, Feb. 29th. There are no strings attached, shipping is free.

9X12 inch Print of "Spring in Peter's Canyon." It has a 1/4 inch border to allow for framing. It is printed using an HP 9800 Deskjet printer (4800 x 1200 optimized dpi color) and colorfast Vivera inks that resist fading for 108 years. Printed on HP Premium Plus Photo Paper with a high gloss for a premium photographic finish.

2 comments:

whimsicalpam said...

Congrats on the win - it's a beautiful painting.
I love your contest idea and will try to sneak myself in before the deadline. Your art is gorgeous!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Lucky girl!