Monday, March 3, 2008

The Golden Hour



”THE GOLDEN HOUR” by Kim VanDerHoek.

12 X 16 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.
S O L D

The day I painted this was the first time in over a week that we had sunshine. For half a day the clouds parted and you could almost feel the warmth of the sun. I lucked out because as soon as I was packing up my gear the clouds rolled back in and it started to drizzle.

In case you are wondering where this is in California, it is in Corona Del Mar looking south.

While painting this I heard sea lions barking off the shore and an enthusiastic songbird in a nearby tree. What a wonderful way to spend the morning!

To see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

3 comments:

TheresaJ said...

All I can say is WOOOOOOWWWWWWW!

Lisa said...

Beautiful painting. I could even "hear" all the ocean/beach sounds.

VanDerHoekArt said...

Thanks Theresa!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I win your contest!