Wednesday, March 19, 2008

March Snow




”MARCH SNOW” by Kim VanDerHoek.

5 X 7 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.
$55 (Shipping $11 within the U.S., $20 for Canada or $28 for everywhere else)

Last weekend my husband and I took our son up to the mountains to see snow for the first time. After getting over his initial shock at how cold snow actually was, he had a blast! And as a bonus I got some time to paint while the two of them played.

Since I knew I needed to be quick, I kept this one small. A wise decision since there were many interruptions: cold fingers, wet gloves, “mommy look at this,” snack time and several owies. The wind was blowing so yes, there is a bit of dirt in the paint. A hazard of painting en plein air (outside, at the scene).

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

2 comments:

Ed Terpening said...

I really like the design/composition of this painting. I can feel the movement. Bravo!

Elio said...

I love the colors in the snow.

Elio