Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ready For Planting



”READY FOR PLANTING” by Kim VanDerHoek.

12 X 16 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.

Orange County California is a landscape painter’s paradise! In 20 minutes, I can be at the beach, the mountains in an urban setting or next to a farm.

This small farm is sandwiched between a new housing development and one of the largest retail centers in the area. The day I painted this the workers had just finished getting the field ready to be planted. I drove this spot a week later and the new crops were in already. I am curious to see what they are growing. The most likely crop for this area is, strawberries. Mmmmm strawberries!

For now I am hanging onto this painting. The Orange County Fair and the Orange Open art show are coming up and I think this would be a good one to enter into both juried competitions.

To see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

2 comments:

Elio said...

I like the colors in the field.

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Wow Kim I didn't see this finished. Very nice. You handled the rows in the field beautifully. The color in the structures against the folage is striking. This location is a winner.