Saturday, March 8, 2008

Thunderhead



”THUNDERHEAD” by Kim VanDerHoek.

8 X 10 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.
S O L D

In California we rarely have dramatic cloud formations. For those of you who live in other parts of the world you might laugh when I say that there is a drawback to having blue skies 90% of the time. It makes for some amazing weather but doesn’t give me as a painter many opportunities to study them.

Luckily, with all the recent rain I’ve had a few chances to paint clouds. And now that the sun has returned there are wildflowers everywhere, which I’ll try to get out to paint soon. Orange poppies (our state flower), purple lupine and verdant green hills everywhere. Those same hills have been brown for a long time because we’ve had a drought for several years now. It’s nice to see the color come back to this beautiful place!

To see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com or bid on my art by clicking on the "My Ebay Auctions" link.

No comments: