Sunday, May 11, 2008

Shacks at the Cove



”SHACKS AT THE COVE” by Kim VanDerHoek.

8 X 10 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.

Crystal Cove State Beach in Laguna has all these colorful shacks next to the shore. I really liked how the telephone poles danced down the hillside. This is the painting I started at the Jim Wodark paintout (see previous post). I had to finish it at home because I ran out of time and then I wasn’t happy with it so I had to retouch it a bit. I’m pleased with how the buildings turned out.

What do you think?

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

1 comment:

whimsicalpam said...

I love it!...
I handed out lots of your cards and postcards at the craftshow and there were some great comments on your print...I hope it turns into some business for you...I'll keep you posted after the next ones.
I set up my shop on Pinkdoodle, it was a lot easier than I thought and not so many stores yet, so your items stay on the front page ( big pics too) for awhile, if nothing else it's free advertising.
Hope all is well!
Pam