Monday, May 19, 2008

View of East LaVeta



”VIEW OF EAST LAVETA” by Kim VanDerHoek.

9 X 12 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.

One of my Mother’s Day gifts was getting time in the evening to paint. I’ve been waiting for a chance to capture the evening light and atmosphere. Usually, I paint in the morning, which means the light is totally different.

I stood on the sidewalk next to someone’s chain link fence to paint this. It frightened the owners when they saw me standing there. Apparently, they don’t get many landscape painters in their neighborhood.

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

3 comments:

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Oh Kim...This is really good. It is so clear and direct. The harmony of color is beautiful. Your values make me jealous. I love the tree on the right side where the last light of the evening sun catches it leaves on the left side and leads you in to the painting. Bravo my artist friend!!!!!

whimsicalpam said...

Kim, this is my favorite so far and you know how much I love the other ones
....So you explained to these people that you're a stalker who suddenly felt the need to paint:)

TheresaJ said...

Gorgeous! You captured the light beautifully.