Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Laguna Crush



”LAGUNA CRUSH” by Kim VanDerHoek.

9 X 12 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.

Right before my Big Bear vacation I attended a painting workshop taught by Ken Auster. It was a mind-blowing 3 days!

This is one of the paintings I completed during the workshop. Ken adjusted the color of the farthest mountain and the bottom right hillside but all of the rest I painted. I’m pleased with this one and will have a hard time letting it go.

My work has just been featured in a group show!
Exhibit Dates: May 31 - July 31
Alta Vista Gallery
850 N. Rose Dr., Suite C
Placentia, CA 92870
(714) 986-9977
Tues. - Fri. 10:00 - 6:00, Saturday 10:00 - 4:00

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

5 comments:

Rick said...

Kim, So glad that you commented. I was wondering the other day about how to find your blog, and now that I've found it again I've added to my bookmarks.

I always like your work. I was trying to pick out a favorite - it's hard. I would have never thought about using telephone poles as a subject matter. I normally try to work around them, but I think your pieces are interesting.

Thanks again for visiting the old blog.

Rick

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Kim I love this. It has a great feeling of warmth and sunlight. I also get the the atmosphere caused by heat. Like when heat rises off the pavement and fogs your view. I love this and wish I could add it to my collection. Great job.

TheresaJ said...

Hey Kim -- you've done it again... I really love this one.

So, how's the smokey skies down your way? Air quality is horrible up here in the Bay Area. I would imagine it puts a bit of a damper on your painting.

william wray said...

Nice atmosphere. this one is a big step forward!

whimsicalpam said...

I love this one! Isn't great how seeing something through someone else's eyes can renew your creativity!