Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Ultimate Perspective



”THE ULTIMATE PERSPECTIVE” by Kim VanDerHoek.

9 X 12 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.
S O L D


This is the second painting I completed during the Ken Auster workshop. One of the lessons Ken taught me was where to soften my edges in this painting so that your eye goes to the focal point.

I was so inspired by Ken's enthusiasm for painting I couldn’t wait to get up to Big Bear and put to use all of the lessons I learned. You’ll see more of the paintings from my trip after this post.

My work has just been featured in a group show!
Exhibit Dates: May 31 - July 31
Alta Vista Gallery
850 N. Rose Dr., Suite C
Placentia, CA 92870
(714) 986-9977
Tues. - Fri. 10:00 - 6:00, Saturday 10:00 - 4:00

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

3 comments:

whimsicalpam said...

Congrats on the show! Thank you for the comment on the treasury - I felt like a proud parent:) I'm revving up to do it again - and this time with original art...that means you:)
I'll send you the link, once I snag one.
On another note...Theresa is back to blogging and has some amazing pics of the wildfires and a wonderful new post.
Hope all is well!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

He did a workshop here last summer but I was out of town. Everyone who took it raved about it.
nice work there.

TheresaJ said...

Hey Kim -- Thanks for stopping by to say hi. I see you had a little nudge... thanks Pam! :)

Love the new painting, but then, I love all of your paintings. It's so wonderful that you have the opportunity to learn from those you admire. One of my favorite local bead shops, where I took metalsmithing classes and where I could attend free open studio nights complete with use of all of their great equipment, just closed up shop suddenly, apparently a product of the dismal economy. It's a shame and I'm really bummed. I have a friend who goes to San Miguel Allende in Mexico for weeks to a couple/few months at a time to take metalsmithing classes. I wish I had her free spirit. I hear its a lovely place and a real artist's community. My ex-father-in-law was actually born there and always spoke of it in a way that made me want to go there some day. I will visit at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Congratulations on your show! Well derserved, plus good things happen to and for good people.