Thursday, July 24, 2008

After The Storm



”AFTER THE STORM” by Kim VanDerHoek.

8 X 6 inch Oil Painting on linen panel.

Right above my neighbor’s house was the most amazing sunset. I really wish I had more opportunities to paint at this time of day! The light is so dramatic, so moody. It’s a challenging time to paint because the light changes so quickly.

Three of my paintings have been juried into the Orange County Fair! If you are in the area, stop by and take a peek at my work.
Orange County Fair
Exhibit Dates: July 11th – Aug. 3rd
Costa Mesa, California

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

2 comments:

Patricio Gonzalez Vivo said...

I love that clouds!
Great work! all the pictures are beatifull

Joe VDB said...

Hi Kim:

I came across your work on Etsy, and tracked back to your blog. You have some really wonderful things going on! Your paintings have a sure touch, and life. I look forward to seeing more. Joe