Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Holcomb Valley Ranch




”HOLCOMB VALLEY RANCH” by Kim VanDerHoek.

12 X 16 inch original oil painting.
S O L D

This was a painter’s gold mine of a location! I could have painted here for a week. There was the ranch with mountain views and to the right of the ranch were about 50 horses grazing in a meadow. Everywhere I turned there was something I wanted to paint.

Right in the middle of this one a 4-wheel drive tour group came by and stopped right next to my husband and I. It was weird hearing the guide over his loud speaker after being in such a quiet spot all morning. However, we did learn that parts of this ranch were used in an episode of Bonanza.

Three of my paintings have been juried into the Orange County Fair! If you are in the area, stop by and take a peek at my work.
Exhibit Dates: July 11th – Aug. 3rd
Costa Mesa, California

To see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

1 comment:

Bear Chick said...

Congratulations on the Orange County Fair! I don't think I'll get there this year but I will try to get to the gallery in Placentia. Love your work!