Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lake at Sunset



”LAKE AT SUNSET” by Kim VanDerHoek.

6 X 8 inch Oil Painting on Raymar linen panel.

It’s pretty rare for me to paint at sunset. I was hoping I would have more opportunities on my Big Bear trip but, I caught a cold so, this is the only time I was able paint at sunset.

With only moments to capture the lake at sunset, I created this using only my palette knife. Speed was essential because in 10 minutes the sun had set and all the beautiful highlights were gone.

My work has just been featured in a group show!
Exhibit Dates: May 31 - July 31
Alta Vista Gallery
850 N. Rose Dr., Suite C
Placentia, CA 92870
(714) 986-9977
Tues. - Fri. 10:00 - 6:00, Saturday 10:00 - 4:00

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

1 comment:

whimsicalpam said...

Beautiful work!
I grabbed treasury...and you're in it:) A tribute to "the quieter" side of Etsy. I'll send the link to your convo's.