Monday, July 28, 2008

Side By Side



”SIDE BY SIDE” by Kim VanDerHoek.

12 X 9 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.

This was painted on Balboa Island in Newport Beach. I saw this couple strolling along the walking path and decided they would make a nice focal point for the painting.

Three of my paintings have been juried into the Orange County Fair! If you are in the area, stop by and take a peek at my work.
Orange County Fair
Exhibit Dates: July 11th – Aug. 3rd
Costa Mesa, California

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

4 comments:

TheresaJ said...

Beautiful, Kim! I love how the painting shows the scale of the trees to the people. They are rather imposing, aren't they? You don't always get the full impact of their size when you're just passing by quickly. Love the sky in the painting in your last post as well. It struck me as moody, and then I read the title, After the Storm.

Heard about the quake down your way today. I hope all is well and that the earth and everyone's nerves quiet down once again.

Take care!
- T

Rick said...

Another nice piece. Yes, the couple does add to the painting - done in a way that doesn't distract. You paint the way I wish I could.

Also, I just happened to notice that you list me among your favorite blogs. I want to tell you that I am truly honored. I should be listing you - you're the master artist here.

How's the fair thing going for you?

whimsicalpam said...

Since Theresa said it better - I'll say what she said:)
When I heard about the quake, I didn't make the connection of you being in that area. I'm so glad that everything's okay.
Between Theresa with fires and you with earthquakes - you guys need to move to the east coast:)

Rick said...

How did the fair go?