Sunday, July 20, 2008

Trail To Saddleback



”TRAIL TO SADDLEBACK” by Kim VanDerHoek.

9 X 12 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.

This was painted in the middle of a heat wave. I believe the temperature was over 90 degrees and at noon I was a bit light headed. Luckily, my painting was finished.

This is a view of the foothills that lead up to Saddleback Mountain.

Three of my paintings have been juried into the Orange County Fair! If you are in the area, stop by and take a peek at my work.
Orange County Fair
Exhibit Dates: July 11th – Aug. 3rd
Costa Mesa, California

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

3 comments:

TheresaJ said...

Hi Kim,

I love the lines in this one and the way the light hits the grasses in the foreground. Really beautiful.

So, how's the fair exhibition going? You really seem to be painting quite a bit pretty regularly these days. I'm treated to a wonderful new painting almost everytime I stop by. What a treat!

Hope all is going well.

- Theresa

Alina Chau said...

lovely paintings!

VanDerHoekArt said...

Hi theresa,

I haven't been on the blogs much this month because my husband and I have been working hard building a deck onto our house. I haven't painted anything in a few weeks. It feels like summer just whizzes by with all of the activities we have.

I hope everything is going well for you too!