Sunday, July 13, 2008

View From Castle Rock




”VIEW FROM CASTLE ROCK” by Kim VanDerHoek.

6 X 8 inch Oil Painting on Raymar linen panel.

Castle Rock is an amazing rock formation in Big Bear that is just a short hike off of the highway.

I knew I only had a couple of hours to paint here so I decided to use my palette knife and simplify the scene to the essentials. This one has loads of thick paint and texture.

Three of my paintings have been juried into the Orange County Fair! If you are in the area, stop by and take a peek at my work.
Exhibit Dates: July 11th – Aug. 3rd
Costa Mesa, California

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

2 comments:

TheresaJ said...

Hi Kim -- so nice to hear from you. Love the new little painting, as well as the last. I popped in and saw it over the weekend when I had a moment, and intended to return to comment later, so I guess now is later. :)

I'm so glad you're enjoying your earrings. That makes me smile!

I received your postcard over the weekend... the painting I love -- woo hoo. It will go nicely with my little collection of your postcards over my workspace. I enjoy looking when I'm sitting there in my creative space.

I hope your exhibit has been going well, and congratulations on the fair exhibit. That's wonderful! I hope they lead to lots of new contacts and sales.

til next time...
- Theresa

tonypetersart said...

Great color, those bold palette knife marks are nice and buttery.