Saturday, August 16, 2008

Orange County Fair 2008




The last few weeks have been amazingly busy which is why I haven't posted anything in a while. My husband, brother-in-law and I installed a new deck in our backyard which took 3 weekends and a few week nights to complete.

The Orange County Fair ended. After picking up the 3 paintings that were juried into the show, I found purchase requests attached to the back of 2 of the 3 paintings. Right away I needed to call the people who submitted the requests because at the end of the week my husband and I were scheduled to go on a backpacking trip to the High Sierras for a week. I'm glad I acted quickly because I sold 3 paintings and gained 2 new collectors.

The backpacking trip also took up a huge amount of time. I've been getting up early to squeeze in a workout. I wanted to make sure I would be able to haul all 40 pounds of gear up the mountain. Over the course of the trip I completed 6 paintings which I will post over the next few weeks.

Finally, 2 of my paintings were juried into the Orange Open Art Show this year. The show is at the Guggenheim Gallery at Chapman University. It runs Aug. 9th -23rd. If you are in the area please stop by, it is a very good show of local artists.
333 North Glassell St. Orange, CA
Wed & Thurs. Noon - 4:00 pm
Fri. - Sun. Noon - 8:00 pm
Closed Mon. & Tues.
Admission is FREE

5 comments:

whimsicalpam said...

Kim - the deck is beautiful!! A big pat on the back to all of you:)
Great results on the Orange County Fair and I can't wait to see your new paintings!
Regarding your comment on my blog go to this post, there might be some links that will help
http://whimsicalpam.blogspot.com/2008/08/helpful-vintage-links.html

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Hi Kim
Glad you're home and can't wait to see your work. Congrats on the fair. Your work looked beautiful and it appears that many others felt that way as well. Love the deck. Looks like more than one artists lives in your house. Hope to see the Guggenheim show this week.

TheresaJ said...

Hi Kim -- thanks for stopping by my blog and for the well wishes. I'm doing so much better and will be back at work tomorrow -- finally!

Congrats on your success at the fair. That's fabulous!

And the deck is wonderful. Lots of hard work, but so rewarding when it's all done.

Marian Fortunati said...

Congratulations!
Double the pleasure... Juried in AND sales!
I'm glad I stumbled onto your blog and will enjoy exploring your lovely paintings!

Ruth Andre said...

Kim, You are one busy lady. Congratulations on the new deck and the beautiful painting sales. You are so good to take your paints on your camping trip. Good Going!