Saturday, September 20, 2008

Recent Awards



Two of my paintings won awards at the Anaheim Art Associations Annual Juried Art Exhibit. “Holcomb Valley Ranch” (the one on the left) won 3rd place in the oil painting category. “Laguna Crush” won the Auxilia d’ Arts award.

There were 136 entries. Ernie Marjoram was the judge. He was kind enough to stop by during the show and talk about his selections. It was interesting to hear his decision making process. After the awards ceremony I had the opportunity to get his feedback on my work. He offered lots of encouragement and a few tips on areas I could improve.

It was an exciting afternoon and I felt honored to have my work hanging in the show.

6 comments:

christine mercer-vernon said...

congratulations kim! i've been following your blog for a while and truly love the painterly style of your work. it must be so validating to receive an award for your work. beautiful paintings..well deserved!

tonypetersart said...

Congrats on the awards, those are some nice paintings!

Alexandre Jay said...

Congrats! I particularly love 'Holcomb Valley Ranch' and the loose style in which you've executed the piece. Good show as we'd say in the UK ....60 odd years ago! lol

william wray said...

Congrats! It's a nice feeling yes! Where did you get the sliver frame?

TheresaJ said...

Congratulations, Kim! How exciting! Well deserved as your paintings are beautiful. :)

Rick said...

CON - GREAT - YOU - LAY - SUNS Vandie!! The two paintings ARE good. Of course he chose your work.

I'm a fan for the Holcomb Valley Ranch one, but the Special award look like home a bit to me. I love the photo - very lovely smile I must say.

Keep it up girl. You got it! Whatever that "it" is - you got it.