Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Three Sisters



”THREE SISTERS” by Kim VanDerHoek.

5 X 7 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.
S O L D

This is the last painting from my High Sierra backpacking trip.

Working in late afternoon light is challenging for me because I rarely get to paint at that time of day and am not used to the rapidly changing light conditions. Painting during fading light requires speed and a good plan. I thought it best I use my palette knife again because it would help me keep pace with the light.

This is my husband’s favorite painting from our trip. I hope you’ve enjoyed this series.

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

1 comment:

Alexandre Jay said...

Nice work! I like the trees highlighted with sunlight. Never tried using a palette knife before myself.