Thursday, September 4, 2008

View of Red Slate Mountain



”VIEW OF RED SLATE MOUNTAIN” by Kim VanDerHoek.

8 X 10 inch Oil Painting on canvas board.
$240 (Shipping $12 within the U.S., $20 for Canada or $28 for everywhere else)

Here’s another mountain scene from my backpacking trip. The lake is called lake Mildred. Two years ago I painted this same scene. I wanted to revisit it again to see how much my style and skill have changed since then. Like most artists, I’m never totally satisfied and am always striving to improve.

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

3 comments:

TheresaJ said...

Another beautiful painting... :)

So, did you find this one to be much different than the first? I know that when I see jewelry that I made a few or more years back on friends or family, I always shudder a bit. I'm my own worst critic and my style has changed a lot over the years.

VanDerHoekArt said...

Yes, Theresa, the painting I did a year ago was very different. I would have posted it for comparison but it was too embarassingly bad to post here. I know exactly what you mean about seeing your old work after a lot of time has passed and you've become more skilled, I shudder too sometimes.

Rick said...

Always striving to improve - yup - I know that feeling. So, how DID your work now compare to the previous try at that scene? You should try posting them together for us web lurkers to compare - if possible.