Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin With Stem



5 X 5 inch oil painting on panel.
S O L D

I had such a blast with my last pumpkin painting I did another. It was just as much, if not more, fun to paint than the last one! You might see a few more of these in the weeks to come. At least until we carve that baby into a spooky Jack o’ Lantern. (That should be fun since my son freaks out every time he touches something slimy.)

This time I asked my husband to build a still life box similar to the one Carol Marine uses so that I could have more control over my lighting. It’s made with PVC pipe and took him less than 20 minutes to make. Pretty cool, huh?

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

6 comments:

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Kim this look great. Your brush strokes are so expressive. You are quite the pumpkin painter. I am buying one today!

TheresaJ said...

I love the new still life's Kim! -- including the Roma tomatoes. You have so many new things in your shop!

Alexandre Jay said...

Cool, both the pumpkin and the custom built lighting box! I want one! :)

Bear Chick said...

Husbands are handy to have around! Mine also built me a light box to take pix of my Etsy jewelry and ATC's. I love it. And him!

Rick said...

Sooo.. that's how you artist types get those neat looking shadows on your painting. I love the peek into your studio, and I love the painting as well. I'm also going to comment on the harbor illustration.

Do you ever cook the pumpking seeds to eat?

Melinda said...

Just discovered your site. Thanks for sharing your still life setup. Nice painting too!