Monday, December 22, 2008

Hanging Out



6 X 8 inch oil painting on linen panel.
$55 – plus FREE SHIPPING for a limited time!

Capturing the shine in these ornaments can be challenging. Now that I’ve painted them a few times this one went much faster. The thing I had difficulty with was painting on a black background. Karin Jurick starts out with a black canvas for most of her paintings and since the background in this one was black I thought it would be a good way to start. It took a little getting used to but I enjoyed it and am pleased with the finished painting.

What do you think?

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

6 comments:

Alexander Jay said...

I'm loving the richness of the green and red. A great little painting.

Dewberry Fine Art said...

I really like the way this turned out.

TheresaJ said...

I love it! You captured the shine beautifully. Almost looks like a photograph. Love the other prior paintings as well. You've definitely got the holiday spirit.

It's been cold up here too. My daughter was just down in Disneyland with a few friends over the last weekend and said it was very cold down there as well. Stay warm! :)

Nancy Merkle said...

This is a lovely paintng! I haven't painted on a black background for ages, but this motivates me to consider it again.

Rick said...

You're just in the Christmas painting spirit of late. Very nice work - again. Hey, I'm going to try doing a live painting to music in front of our church at the Christmas Eve service - never done anything like that before - can't believe they're letting me do it. I hope that it turns out. I'm going to do a dry run tomorrow afternoon.

Alan said...

Very nice, someone has the Christmasy feeling.
Hey, was hoping you get a chance to come to Robot Nine and play the Picture Puzzle today.

http://robotnine.blogspot.com/2008/12/robot-nine-picture-puzzle-can-you.html

Alan