Sunday, December 14, 2008

South Laguna View



8 X 10 inch oil painting on canvas panel.

Laguna Beach always inspires me! I’ve been to a lot of beaches in California and so far Laguna is my favorite. To me it is the quintessential California beach. Tall swaying palms, picturesque coves, dramatic cliffs, lots of rock formations for the ocean waves to break on and beaches that are not too big (like the vast expanse of sand in Huntington). Laguna is heartbreakingly beautiful with a dash of quirkiness that adds to its charm. For example, overlooking the beach next to Heisler Park you’ll find a lawn bowling area. Where else can you go lawn bowling with an ocean view?

If you’ve haven’t seen it for yourself, I highly recommend a visit to Laguna!

Over 20 paintings are now on sale in my Etsy shop, many with free shipping!

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com