Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What A Pair



”What A Pair” by Kim VanDerHoek.

6 X 8 inch Oil Painting on Raymar linen panel.
S O L D

It’s been overcast here which does not make for great outdoor painting weather. I did this at home from a photo. At first I wasn’t very excited about the subject, but once I began painting and turned on some music I really enjoyed myself. Since I had plenty of time to work on this I had to make sure I didn’t go the other direction and overwork the whole thing. I’m pleased with the result, I hope you like it!

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

7 comments:

Nancy Merkle said...

I love your version of the boots! You captured the character well.

TheresaJ said...

Are you longing for the hiking days of summer? :)

MANPOLO said...

Awesome.

whimsicalpam said...

Kim - I love these boots! Great colors and the character comes through - Wonderful job!
Congrats on the blog giveaway, mentioned above - beautiful cards!
I also wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Alexander Jay said...

Yes I do indeed like it. Your painting sure makes an old pair of boots appealing.....another successful painting then! :)

José said...

Hi,

I like to see these kind of studies.
They're a good exercise helping us artists learning to see, namely values.

Kind regards,

José

dominique eichi said...

I agree with Nancy the character of the boots shine through.