Monday, January 19, 2009

Autumn Glory



8 X 10 inch oil painting on canvas panel.
$240 for a limited time!

Almost all of the fall leaves are off the trees now. I’m glad I was able to capture them on canvas while they were still on.

The night before I painted this I watched a Richard Schmid painting demonstration DVD. He’s an amazing painter that’s been working for over 40 years. I absolutely love how his paintings emerge from the canvas. I tried a few of his techniques here.

***Reminder*** At the end of the month the prices for my work will increase so if you've had your eye on anything, act soon!

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.vanderhoekart.etsy.com

6 comments:

TheresaJ said...

This is lovely, Kim. :)

Torrie Smiley said...

I love following you blog...your work is just fabulous!

Torrie

Rick said...

The demand is so great that your prices are going up huh?

I try to increase my prices, but then I don't get any orders.

You just can't make big bucks off a doodle these days.

I love the tree. Very nice. Now go watch another DVD so you can increase your prices some more.

Karen said...

Love the loose, fresh strokes and soft edges here.
I too like those Schmid dvd's. His book has been really helpful to me lately too.

Theresa Rankin said...

So alive!! Love the brushwork here, Kim!..Schmid is really a favorite of mine...I have met him a few times and he is a genuinely nice person!

whimsicalpam said...

I love this one Kim! Really beautiful, I need to move a couple of these into the mini on my blog. Also... congrats on the No Woman Stands Alone Exhibit. I got the postcard yesterday...all the best of luck, it sounds like a wonderful event:)