Sunday, May 24, 2009

Perched



7 X 5 inch oil painting on canvas panel.
S O L D

For about two and a half years I’ve been selling my paintings on Etsy. Since I’ve been around for a while now I’m getting a feel for what Etsy shoppers like in terms of subject matter. Many times it’s the administrators of the web site that choose which items will be featured in highly prized promotional areas of the site. And I’ve noticed that Etsy admins. love birds. Here is my attempt to be noticed by the administrators of the site and hopefully, get some free promotion.

I’ve been spending more time painting in the studio because with this pregnancy my comfort has become a high priority. Birds have been a subject I’ve wanted to paint for over a year and now that I’m inside a lot more I thought I’d give them a try. This was so much fun I’ve decided to do a series of them.

Thank you to everyone who has wished me well! I am happy to report that my morning sickness is finally gone. Aside from a few minor discomforts that are a normal part of this process I’m on to the fun part of being pregnant.

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.KimVanDerHoek.com

17 comments:

L.Holm said...

congrats on your sale! Looks like the choice of subject worked. Glad to hear you're through the queezies. :-)

Nancy and the fatties said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better Kim. Your little bird is just divine. The puggies and I will cross our fingers and toes for the Etsy admin to fall in love with this one, just as we did!
xxxoo

Dana Cooper Fine Art said...

Glad you are feeling better and back to painting! Congratulations on sales!!

Sheila said...

ooo this is lovely. The way you rendered the leaves and sky are almost whimsically simple yet still sophisticated. Glad you're feeling better. Bird remind me of nests which remind me of eggs which reminds me that you're expecting! whee!

Splendid Little Stars said...

This bird is grat. look forward to seeing more.

Angela Elledge said...

Beautiful muted colors and sold is always a good thing! Take care.

elsiee said...

Yeah for the fun part of being pregnant!! Lovely bird painting of course it sold!!!

Dewberry Fine Art said...

We have baby birds everywhere around our house. Just love the sounds. Your painting is great. Wonderful color set so nicely against the background.
Glad you are feeling well. See you Wednesday.

Robin Roberts said...

JUST YUMMY!

Tracey Mardon said...

I find the same thing with birds Kim, they always sell. Happily, I love painting them. They're often quirky little things.
I like the idea of the ACEO cards.

Brayton Homestead Interiors said...

Another lovely painting! Finally posted your painting that I saved months ago. Hope you love it! thanks....

Edward Burton said...

Very beautifully painted, Kim - love the brushwork. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Erik said...

Beautiful painting, great loose brushwork. Congratulations on sales!

Manon Doyle said...

Lovely painting Kim! I really love the colors you chose! Glad you're starting to feel better!! : )

Joan Sicignano Artist said...

Congratulation on your sale. Well deserved. Happy to hear the morning sickness is over.

Nancy and the fatties said...

I was the LUCKY gal who purchased Perched and it arrived this week. It is stunning. Such a small masterwork, it just glows with color. Kim's originals are amazing, and the online images don't do them justice.
Thanks Kim! Perched is perching in my studio and cheering up my workspace! I just love it.
pughugs from Texas...

Michelle said...

Wonderful bird with nice big strokes! Keep comfortable and keep painting!