Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rocks At High Tide



6.25 X 10 inch oil painting on canvas panel.
S O L D

This painting is an unusual size. I decided that the cliffs really lent themselves to being painted in a long format. Before I started painting I marked off where I wanted to cut the canvas when I got home I used bold marks to remind myself where to stop. People passing by had a hard time understanding what they were seeing and I overheard a few odd comments which made me chuckle.

For a limited time I’m offering this painting at a reduced price (because it will need a custom frame). Also, I did a small study of this scene that is available for sale in my Etsy shop.

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.KimVanDerHoek.com

10 comments:

Joan Sicignano Artist said...

Kim, I love it. I like the format you used. Great job.

Nancy Merkle said...

You've captured that warm, misty coastal feel in this painting. Makes me want to visit the California coast again!

Sheila said...

So lovely and serene... how ya feelin' mama?

Splendid Little Stars said...

I feel like I'm there looking out over the water!

Edward Burton said...

Wonderful painting, Kim. The palm tree and the rocks are handled so beautifully.

Marian Fortunati said...

Where were you, Kim??

whimsicalpam said...

I love all of your recent paintings - I didn't realize that I hadn't stopped by in so long:)...either that or you're just churning out the beauties one after the other:) Congrats on the award!
Hope that you're feeling well, with all of the early pregnancy "fun stuff" behind you:)
...and yes my appliances are behaving themselves (keep your fingers crossed!)

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Hi Kim,
This is an absolutely beautiful scene. I love the softness of the hues. Great work.
All the best,
Kathleen

Elise said...

Hello, I really wanted to leave a comment for you, to say how cool it's been having a read of your posts and looking at your pictures today.

Really enjoyed my visit - you write really well !

Best wishes and thank you.

Mary said...

This is a beautiful painting, Kim, capturing the coastal atmosphere perfectly--and thus, bringing back memories of our time in Southern California. Congratulations on your award, too. I love the onions!