Sunday, September 6, 2009

With Sprinkles



5 X 7 inch oil painting on canvas panel.
$25 (Plus $9 shipping within the U.S.)

Painted as part of the DSFDF challenge.

It never ceases to amaze me how my son’s eyes light up whenever he sees a cupcake, especially a cupcake with sprinkles. There is always a lot of hopping up and down while he repeats the word cupcake over and over.

What powerful little desserts they are!

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.KimVanDerHoek.com

12 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Nice job, Kim...
Always love how differently people interpret these challenges!!

Manon Doyle said...

So funny.... my friend, Kim, and I were talking about yummy cupcakes the other night!! Yours are awesome!!

dacoop said...

Tasty looking cupcakes Kim, your son must love this!

Janelle Goodwin said...

Your description of your son's reaction to cupcakes is so adorable. Too, it brings back such great memories of my own mother making these wonderful treats. Great little painting, Kim!

whimsicalpam said...

I still feel that way when I see a cupcake!! I love how you painted this one - the detail is wonderful.
Hope all is well...how much longer until the newest member of the VanDerHoek clan arrives?

Edward Burton said...

Wonderful job with the cupcakes, Kim. Great background color too.

Claire said...

Beautifully painted - makes me want to reach in and grab one!

L.Holm said...

Yum! Wonderful job on the challeng, Kim!

L.Holm said...

ooops...challenge

Karen said...

What a wonderful composition! in addition to wonderful brushstrokes.

Gwen Bell said...

Really great job on the challenge, Kim! Love your strong brushwork. YUM!

dominique eichi said...

fabulous piece for DSFDF.