Sunday, May 9, 2010

Forgotten Path



8 X 6 inch oil painting on canvas panel.
$140 ($1.00 shipping within the U.S.)

Painted at the same location as my last post. I think the lack of attention paid to this spot makes it interesting. Recently, I’ve seen heavy equipment parked next to the eucalyptus tree and soon this lovely spot may be filled with homes. I’ve been trying to capture several views of this place before it’s changed forever.

Our baby girl is growing and doing well. She is still tiny, about half the size of other babies her age. She is hitting all the normal milestones, sitting up, rolling over and using her hands to grab things. And of course she is making the cutest baby sounds, da da and ga ga with lots of smile and giggles during the day. I can’t believe she’ll be 7 months old on the 14th! Her first year is speeding by so much faster than my son’s did.

Happy Mother’s Day to all my mom friends out there!

To purchase this painting and see more of my work log onto www.KimVanDerHoek.com

15 comments:

Sheila said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too Kim! I love that you have the same combo I've been enjoying an older boy and a darling little girl.
Enjoy your special day!

Tracey Mardon said...

Hi Kim! That's all good news about your little one! I really like the grasses and fence in this one. Good thought about not paying too much attention!

Marian Fortunati said...

Every year will go faster and faster...

I know you are enjoying them!! Wise woman...

Glad to see you paint... Your work always is inspiring.

elsiee said...

Happy Mothers Day! Love reading the update on your precious girl and noticing the fence going up in your painting, progress and growth all around!

Joan Sicignano Artist said...

Hi Kim,

Yes Happy Mothers day to you, the day after. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am so happy you and your little ones are well. They do grow fast, just enjoy. I first began painting when my twins turned one. Painting has always kept me sane. All the best to you .
My sons are 43 and my daughter is 67, where did the time go?

Angela Elledge said...

Kim, this is especially beautiful. Love the depth you've captured in this very tranquil scene. Happy Mother's Day!

Edward Burton said...

Love your landscapes, Kim. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Dewberry Fine Art said...

SO NICE TO SEE THIS LOVELY PAINTING. HOPE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY.

LindaHunt said...

I love this painting Kim! So nice to have you here and back at Etsy!!

Thanks for updating about your baby girl...she sounds so sweet. They grow up so quickly.

Lori Bonanni said...

This is a lovely path hopefully it will be preserved. Babies are such a joy. Too bad they grow up so fast.

r garriott said...

Another great painting. Good to cature the landscape before it changes. Happy 7-month mark to baby girl!

william wray said...

looking good and congrats on the baby!

rob ijbema said...

i could say the same to you as you did about my work kim
down to the essentials and bold strokes,i like it!

Marian Fortunati said...

And oh by the way.... That painting is AB SO LUTE LY fabulous!!

Diane Hoeptner (hep-ner) said...

Ah, you make landscape painting look so easy with this one, lovely.