Friday, October 1, 2010

October Road



8 X 10 inch oil painting on canvas panel.
S O L D

O’Neil Regional Park is already showing fall colors. The grasses are brown and a few trees are loosing their leaves. The change of seasons is subtle in California.

Baby Update: This month my daughter will be 1 year old (seems like I just left the hospital). She is almost walking and holds onto furniture to get around. She has a small vocabulary that mostly consists of “Da Da” with a few “Ma Mas” and “done” sprinkled in. She is tiny – the 5th percentile – because of that she is getting lots of use out of her baby clothes. It’s been a blast seeing her personality emerge and noticing the differences between her and my 5-year old son. How this first year with her has flown by!

To see more of my work log onto www.KimVanDerHoek.com

11 comments:

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Nice on Kim.

elsiee said...

I love the light and shadows of this painting! I can't believe your daughter is almost a year old - it really does seem like the other day that you posted that very first photo of the two of you together!

Jay DePoy said...

Amazing work, Kim. I am jealous of your gift!

Ruth Andre said...

Happy Birthday to your little one. What a wonderful year you have had. The shadows in this painting and the bright sunlight are wonderful.

Dana Cooper said...

Lovely Kim, I love the light and shadow on the road!

Marian Fortunati said...

Love hearing your baby news and ABSOLUTELY LOVE that painting... Wonderful!

Linda Popple said...

Lovely colors and great job with light and shadow!

Nancy Medina said...

Kim, this may be one of my favorites of everything you have done - lovely, soft color!

Rick said...

Once they start pulling up you've lost control. It's a wild ride from here on out.

And, BTW, always love your art.

Lisa Daria said...

I like the color of the road/shadows/light - nice.

Tracey Mardon said...

Lovely colours Kim! I thought of you yesterday as we passed some gas rigs heading up to San Fran from San luis Obispo.what a beautiful State!
All the best