Monday, December 20, 2010

Castle Rock Trail



8 X 6 inch oil painting on canvas panel.
$140 (FREE shipping in the U.S.)

This beautifully lit path is in the mountains of Big Bear on the way up to see Castle Rock. It's a short hike that ends with huge boulders you can climb on and stunning views of Big Bear Valley.

Along the way there, beside the trail, were many beautiful orange and yellow trees just waiting for me to find the best view of them to paint. As soon as I saw this scene with the trail, tree and rocks I set up my easel and began to paint.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Kwanzaa and Happy Holidays! There, that should just about cover everybody. :)

To see more of my work log onto www.KimVanDerHoek.com

7 comments:

martinealison said...

Joyeux noël à vous aussi et à tous ceux que vous aimez... très jolie peinture...
Bises

Marian Fortunati said...

Very pretty..

I wish the same for you and yours, Kim!

Dana Cooper said...

Lovely color in the trees Kim...happy everything to you too! :)

Edward Burton said...

Beautiful scene, Kim. The way you handled the tree is wonderful.

Edward Burton said...

Almost forgot -- I hope that you and your family have a very merry Christmas.

Carol Schiff Studio said...

Love the brushwork on this one, Kim.

Enjoy the holidays with your family.

Mary said...

Wow, Kim, your work is as lovely as ever--I don't know how I drifted away from visiting your blog, but am very glad you came to mind again. I have enjoyed browsing all your recent entries. Happy New Year to you!