Sunday, January 16, 2011

Angling



7" x 5" oil on canvas panel.
$130 (Free shipping within the U.S.)

This guy and I have something in common. We both like to fish. Of course, he fishes out of necessity while I fish for fun. That said, I am not a very good fisherman. In a matter of minutes this guy caught and ate two fish! I wish I had that kind of skill.

My goal in this painting was to be committed. I wanted to lay down the paint and leave it alone. I could have really labored over the grasses but all they needed were a few well-placed strokes. This was definitely a case of less is more.



To see more of my artwork log onto www.KimVanDerHoek.com

10 comments:

Manon Doyle said...

He's beautiful, Kim!! Lovely painting.

TheresaJ said...

Another beauty! I absolutely love this!!!

Linda Popple said...

Beautiful colors and good composition. The grasses are perfect. Well done!

Carol Schiff Studio said...

Kim, this little painting is perfection! A great example of less is more. The simplicity takes my breath away.

J Joy Nocifora said...

Love this! Such beautiful colors!

geraldo roberto da silva said...

It's good! Congratulations!

rob ijbema said...

wonderful blue kim
makes that bird pop!

martinealison said...

Juste majestueux et serein... ce que j'aime dans la nature vous nous le montrez. Bravo!
Bises

Dana Cooper said...

Wonderful brushwork in the grasses Kim!

Marian Fortunati said...

A skill we all need to practice practice practice...
And you've done it so well.