Sunday, February 6, 2011

More



20 X 24 inch oil painting on stretched canvas, shown with frame.
Available through Coutts Museum of Art, El Dorado, KS

This week I found out that my painting “More” was chosen as one of the top 100 paintings in the Paint American national art exhibit. The show will run June 14, 2011 to August 13 at the Coutts Museum of Art in El Dorado, Kansas. Artists from across the country enter this show and it is a huge honor to have been chosen.

Some of my blog followers might recognize this painting. I created it using my smaller version “Locally Grown” as a guide. Both this painting and the smaller one have become very popular with several judges in some of the art shows I’ve been entering them into. In fact, I will have more exciting news about “Locally Grown” in the next few months.

Saturday night was the opening reception for the group show I’m part of at Copperwood Artware Gallery in Orange, California. The gallery was packed for most of the night with artists and patrons enjoying wine and delicious hors d’ oeuvres made by one of the owners. If you missed the opening, the show will be at the gallery until March 28th.



To see more of my work log onto www.KimVanDerHoek.com

8 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

Congratulations! This is such exciting news!

Marian Fortunati said...

I agree with all of those judges... Although I like almost all of your paintings, these oil wells are among my favorites...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Denise Rose said...

So exciting Kim! Congratulations!

Bear Chick said...

Congratulations on More!! Fabulous! I'll try to get to the Orange exhibition soon-maybe the end of the month.

J Joy Nocifora said...

Wonderful painting and congratulations on "Paint America" acceptance!! Good news, indeed!

bricarwaller said...

Congratulations it's a beautiful painting:)

Carol Schiff Studio said...

Congratulations, Kim. I do love this painting! Cannot wait to hear what is happening with "Locally Grown". Your work just keeps getting better and better.

rob ijbema said...

wow again!